Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 2 - So far, so good!

Day two – finished!  I am so excited that the first two days have gone really smoothly!  I woke up this morning and met my cousin at the gym.  I knew she was a member, but didn’t know if she’d be interested in going to water aerobics classes with me.  I called and she said yes!  It was so much easier getting out of bed this morning knowing that I would know someone in the class.  And the class itself was fabulous.  I got a really great workout but my knees and ankles were perfectly fine.  That is amazing in itself.

After the water class, I stayed at the gym and did another 45 minutes on a recumbent bike.  I was hoping to do an hour, but my feet were burning so badly I wanted to quit after 30 minutes.  I was so proud of myself for making it to 45, especially knowing I still had the elliptical at home.  I know on the show Chris Powell is always encouraging people to work through the pain and not let their body win, but I think this time I made the right choice.  I did get 30 minutes on the elliptical to round out my 2 hours, and I feel amazing.  OK, I feel exhausted, but incredibly proud of myself.

I haven’t been talking about the food part of my plan very much.  With both the Paleo and Dr. Wahls diets, the emphasis is on protein and LOTS of veggies.  That really fits in with my preferences.  I had converted to this way of eating a few months ago, so I don’t have a lot of cravings, or diet drama. 
What I can say is that I make a great salad, and killer deviled eggs!

Tomorrow is going to be a big challenge.  I have been able to get my two hours in fairly easily over the weekend.  Going back to work tomorrow is going to make it that much harder.  I am planning on how I will get it done, but I’ll wait until tomorrow to let you know if it works.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment