Friday, July 13, 2012

Starting My Journey


Back in February, I had convinced myself that I was a perfect candidate for the television reality show, Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition.  I went through every worry and excuse I had, then drove to Philadelphia to audition.  I thought I was perfect; I even had the entire year mapped out in my head.  Unfortunately, they didn’t agree.  I didn’t even get a call back.  I was crushed.  But, now that the show has started airing again, I’m all fired up and ready to finally lose the weight.  So, I decided to do it on my own.

I know it will be a lot harder without a trainer with me every step of the way and a film crew for motivation, but I’m hoping that this blog can help.  I’ve put a lot of thought into my ideal plan, so today is one last day of prep and tomorrow the fun starts.

My plan:

·         Follow a Paleo /Wahls diet (lots of vegetables, protein, healthy fats, and some fruits)

·         Exercise two hours a day, six days a week – a combination of yoga, strength training, water aerobics, swimming, and whatever else I can do.

·         Build in some time for relaxation and meditation wherever possible.

·         Document my progress with a picture and weigh in every two weeks.

It’s a big plan, but I have done a lot of prep work already. 

·         I joined a gym today, so I have a place to work out. 

·         I have an elliptical trainer at home, so I can work out in private when I want to.

·         The refrigerator and pantry are stocked with healthy foods.

·         All my trigger foods are gone.

It will definitely be a challenge, but I am up for it.  I know that others have been able to do this, even those older than me, and those with more weight to lose.  Besides, I’m pretty stubborn.  Once I make my mind up that I am going to do something, I will do it.

I hope that you will come along with me on this journey over the next year.  I am not sure if I’ll be able to achieve the dramatic results that you see on television, but I am going to give it everything I have.  I will report in every day and let you know how it’s going.

No comments:

Post a Comment