Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 15 - Week 2 Results are IN!

I was worried for nothing.  This morning the scale read 338.5!  That’s 4 pounds this week and 9.5 so far.  I am really, really excited.  It’s nice to get on the scale and have the numbers move.  It was definitely worth all the aches and pains and effort to see a 4 pound loss this week.  I wasn’t able to take a picture today, but will definitely post one tomorrow. 

I am going to try to give myself a small reward every week, just to remind myself that this really is hard work and I do deserve something special.  Last week I got my hair cut, this week I cashed in a groupon for an hour long massage.  Now, that’s definitely not a small thing, but wow was it nice!  I had never had a massage before, so I had no idea what to expect.  I came out with all my aches and pains melted away, feeling like a whole new person.  I am going to have to watch for more massage groupons!  I almost forgot.  I found an article that says massage is being shown to reduce inflammation.  How’s that for an excuse?
Since I didn’t want to exercise after the massage and lose all the benefits, I did all my exercise early in the day.  I did two different 4 mile walking videos.  And, I definitely got the order wrong.  The second one was so much harder than the first.  I really didn’t think I was going to finish.  But, I did.  Somehow.  Then I collapsed in a heap for a while and drank several glasses of water.
We took today off from the hyperbaric chamber, so it was nice to come home, make a nice spinach salad for dinner, and just relax with Michael for the evening.  I’m not really sure what he thinks about my new exercise habits, but I’m sure he is finding it odd.  He has been really good about giving me the physical space to do the videos, and has figured out that I can’t really talk when I’m on the elliptical.  Other than that, I guess it doesn’t really impact his life very much.
It does seem to be impacting my life though.  I am noticing that I have been sleeping like a brick lately, and wake up feeling more rested than I have in a long time.  I do wake up with aches and pains that I could do without.  But, it’s nice to feel like I am accomplishing something.  Every day does seem to be getting easier.  Who knows, maybe one day it won’t feel so hard?  For now, I am just going to focus on meeting my goals and loving the results so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment