Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 3 - Real Life, with Pain


Today was a bit of a reality check.  Trying to fit in a full time job, my family commitments, and 2 hours of exercise was definitely a challenge.  I had to get a little creative, but I did it.  I did 2 thirty minute sessions on the elliptical and an hour in the pool.   I have to say again how nice it is to have a workout buddy for some of the exercises.  I met my cousin at the pool tonight, and we did the water aerobics class together.  It does make the class seem faster when you have company!

One thing they never talk about on the show is muscle soreness and pain after working out.  My body is starting to strenuously object to this new regimen.  Even though I’m focusing on doing the most joint friendly program possible, I woke up during the night feeling like my arms were trying to separate from my body.  My knees and ankles throb.  I’ve been taking ibuprofen and using a magnesium/arnica rub.  It helps, but wow, I still feel it.  On one hand, it means that I’ve been working.  On the other hand:  ouch!

But, the best part about today is that it proved to me that it is possible.  I got my son off to school, did an hour of therapy with him when he got home, and even played some.  For work, I helped a lot of clients with problems, and did a little bit of coding.  So, life goes on, even with two hours missing from my schedule.  It seems silly, but it’s a huge relief!

I am looking forward to tomorrow.  My regular rest day will be Tuesdays.  There aren’t any classes at the gym that I can take, and I’m in the office all day.  So, it seems like the perfect rest day.  My arms, legs, and joints are looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment