Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 14 - Things to Consider

Today was a pretty good day.  I did two thirty minute sessions on the elliptical and one 4 mile video.  I hate missing the gym, but it was kinda nice to just get everything done at home today.  I’m tired, but, strangely, I feel good too.  It’s almost like my body wants to get used to this.  Or something.  I’m not quite sure what’s going on, but I think it’s good.

I had a couple of long chats today with people who really care about me.  One is concerned that I’m not giving my body enough time to rest and heal.  So, in a week or two, I might just take off a long weekend and see how I feel.  The idea makes me nervous, but I do understand the concern.  It’s definitely something I will mull over.
The other chat was in a similar vein.  She knows how much of a perfectionist I can be, and is worried that I will have a hard time when life really does get in the way and I can’t get my exercise in.  I promised her that if that happens, I will freely admit that I messed up, or had something come up, and then jump right back in.  The point of this blog is to keep me honest, not to keep me in a straight jacket.  So, if I mess up, please forgive me, but keep supporting me. 

Tomorrow is the end of week two.  I’m really excited, and nervous too.  I don’t think the scale will be as generous this week as it was last week, but that’s ok.  I actually feel like some things are getting looser already, and that is incredibly motivating.  And, that’s why I am also doing the pictures.  I love the idea of having multiple ways to judge my success:  the scale, the pictures, my clothes, and how I feel.  And right now, I just feel happy and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment