Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 12 - Ouch!

What a day!  I think coming off a rest day is harder than just keeping going.  I did manage to get all my exercise in, but it was hard!  For the record, I did a 4 mile video, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and 40 minutes of yoga.  It was hard to get it all in, but I did.  My muscles are definitely really sore, and taking a day off seemed more like a tease than anything else.

After the yoga, it was time to take Michael into the chamber.  Laying in one position for over an hour after all the exercise was just excruciating today.  I’m not sure why it was so bad, but when it was finally time to come out, I just wanted to sit in a corner and cry.  But, that couldn’t happen.  So, we took care of evening chores and now it’s time for him to go to bed.
Another thing I wanted to focus on today was staying hydrated.  I figure I am averaging over a gallon of liquid a day.  Not too bad, but with the amount of exercise and sweat, I probably need more.  Tomorrow I will track how much I actually drink and see if paying attention has me drink more.  Being slightly dehydrated could definitely account for some of the extra fatigue and muscle soreness.  Of course, so could going from doing a couple hours of exercise a week to two hours a day. 

I think with all the pain and exhaustion, I’m just not feeling as enthusiastic about this challenge as I have been  But, it’s only been a week, so I figure I need to push through and hope that when I come out the other side I am feeling better and my motivation gets better.  I will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment