Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 1 - Starting my Program

So, today was the official day one.  The morning started off a little rocky – I had to get up early to make a 9:15 water aerobics class, and needed to get on the dreaded scale.  These were definitely not high on my list of Saturday morning favorites.  But, I got out of bed and got on the scale.  348.  Not a happy number.  But, like they say on the show, you need to know where you are starting.  So, I recorded the number and decided that I will never see it again.

The next task was a lot more fun.  I remember that I used to love water aerobics, so I was excited to get ready for the class this morning.  It was only a 45 minute class, but it definitely got you moving!  I had a wonderful time, met some great women, and got an excellent workout.  After class was over, I did 45 minutes of lap swimming, alternating between the kickboard and the breast stroke.  I just don’t have the strength or stamina for much else yet.  But, I will get there!

I guess that’s probably what I love the most about water workouts; you can just start where you are.  The water is so gentle on your joints, and because you stay cool, the workout seems to fly by.   I know I have a ton of room for improvement, but it is still day one.  I have time.

After I got home from the gym, it was time to cool down and get the ‘before’ picture.  It’s not beautiful, but it’s me.  I am hoping that after this year is over, the ‘after’ picture will show a much smaller and healthier person.  I am planning on weighing in every week, and posting a new picture every two weeks.  I really hope to see a difference in each picture!


The rest of the day is kind of a blur.  I did get half an hour on the elliptical, so I met my goal of 2 hours of exercise.  That made me really happy, and totally exhausted.  But, I love setting a goal and meeting it.  It was a great food day, too.  So, even though it started out with an early wake-up, it ended up being an overall great day.  I am looking forward to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

  1. It speaks volumes to me that you have a smile on your face. you can SO do this!!! Cannot wait for the every-2-week progress shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coli! I really am happy and excited. Right now
    EVERYTHING seems to be in line for me to do this. I really want to work hard to get into good habits while everything is pretty easy. I know it won't last forever!

    ReplyDelete