Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

The day started with a text message from my trainer with instructions to do two 90 second planks, a minute of push ups, and an hour on the elliptical with 20 minutes of high incline.  So, the day definitely started out scary!

I did the planks pretty much first thing, just to get them over with. I wasn't able to hold them for the full 90 seconds, but I'm definitely getting better.  The first session on the elliptical went pretty well with 484 calories burned.  I took a few hours off, did the push ups, and then did the second elliptical session - 502 more calories burned.  I don't think I've ever burned so many calories in an hour!

Of course, after I got off the elliptical, I was exhausted.  I thought I'd recover in time to get to yoga tonight.  I really wanted to make it three days in a row of 2 hours of exercise.  But, then I realized that it wasn't what I really needed.  Tonight, I was tired and needed a break.  So I made the choice to listen to my body and stay home.  I'm glad I did.  I am still learning this balance between pushing hard and respecting my limits.  Today, I had the best of both worlds.  Overall, a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment