Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Remembering Fun

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but since I took Sunday off, I wanted to do something.  I wanted a low impact activity, but that was still fun.  I used to play a game on the wii called Walk It Out.  It's basically an island where you walk to music.  Each step earns you coins you can spend building up your island, and you can also use them to get more songs for your playlist.

I spent an hour and a half at lunch time walking.  I wasn't supposed to spend that long, but I was just having too much fun.  It was like visiting with an old friend, and getting a walk in at the same time.  And, the game tricks you.  It's so easy to 'just get the next item', or 'just clear this area'.  But, before you know it, you've spend another thirty minutes walking.

Then, after work, I wanted to check on something, so I did another 45 minutes.  I have a feeling my legs are going to be pretty sore tomorrow.  But, it was for a good cause, and I enjoyed it.  As much as I like the games on wii Fit, this is better.  It's just addicting.  And, anything that can trick me into over two hours of exercise, that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment