Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beyond Happy

Some days are just really, really good days.  Yesterday and today have been spent decorating the house for Christmas.  I didn't get any official exercise yesterday, but I did get half an hour on the elliptical today.  So, why am I so happy?  I had the energy to do so much more than I have in the last several years. 

Instead of waiting for Steve to bring in the boxes and unpack them, I went out to the garage, found what I wanted, and carted everything in.  Before he even knew what I was doing, I had almost everything in and set up.  I was so proud of myself!

Of course, the tree itself was a big deal to decorate, and Steve did all the outdoor decorations.  But, overall, this was a really 'energetic' year for me.  So, even though it wasn't a lot of 'exercise', I was more active this weekend than I have been in a while.  And, I am thrilled about it!

And, now that Thanksgiving is over, and the house is decorated, I can focus on enjoying the holiday season, and make sure I get my exercise in.  There is nothing like the feeling of knowing my house is mostly clean, the decorations are up, the shopping is mostly done, and I can enjoy the holidays.  I am just so happy and peaceful.  I need this to last!

No comments:

Post a Comment