Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm Back, to the Extreme!

After taking several days off to recover my muscles and my energy, I was back to the exercise today.  First, I have to say, it felt really good to wake up in the morning and not have anything hurt.  I even got out of bed in the morning without groaning.  That was definitely a good thing.

But, today, I had a personal training session, and back into my routine I went.  First, I did forty minutes of intervals on the elliptical.  Just as I got off the elliptical, the doorbell rang.  The next hour was so many exercises I can't even think to name them all.  By the time she left, my muscles were shaking.  I did make sure to get a good stretch in.  Hopefully that will help.

And, just because I really love it, I went to yoga tonight.  It was a slower class tonight, and I really wanted a good stretch.  So, that part felt good.  There were several sequences that were challenging, but that was good, too.  Overall, it was a great class, and I'm glad I went.

But, after going for several days with no exercise, my body definitely feels like it's in shock.  But, it's a good exhaustion.  And, I am grateful for the fact that I could do it all.

Diet:  Great
Exercise:  2 hours, 40 minutes between elliptical, training, and yoga
Gratitude:  Being able to get back to exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment