Friday, September 27, 2013

Fridays are Happy Days

I think I can feel myself getting better already.  I've been making a huge effort this week to get more sleep, to exercise lightly, and to destress however possible.  I've also limited myself to one dose of coffee in the morning, and nothing but water afterwards. 

I don't want to jinx it, but I think it's working.  I've had more periods of energy and fewer times of exhaustion.  I'm still tired more than I should be, but there is definitely an improvement.  I'll take that!

Today, at lunch time, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I made sure to keep it light and easy.  And, I found that I actually enjoyed it.  I wasn't counting down the minutes until it was over.  Afterwards, I didn't feel completely worn out, just a little tired.  And, that passed quickly.

This evening, I went to my favorite Friday night yoga class.  It was a great class, as usual.  I was really paying attention to my body tonight and realized that I am a lot stronger than I realize.  But, I also noticed that as soon as I closed my eyes and started to breathe deeply, I started to yawn.  I asked the instructor about it, and she said it was fairly common, but indicated I needed more oxygen.  I'll definitely try to breathe deeply much more often.

All in all, it was a great day.  I am starting to find a balance between exercise and exhaustion. Between listening to my head and listening to my body.  It seems strange to be learning this at this late point in my journey, but better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment