Saturday, September 21, 2013

I love weekends!

Today had to be a pretty much perfect day.  I got to sleep in, cuddle with Michael, and then go downstairs and have coffee.  When a day starts that good, you know it's going to be a great day. 

After brunch, we played Monopoly for a while.  I never realized how much math is involved in the game.  And, Michael is really improving his math skills with it.  Every time we play, I am amazed at how much better he is.  We generally break the game up into multiple sessions so he doesn't get overly tired.  But, each game is getting better and better.

After the game, it was time for me to exercise.  I did twenty minutes of intervals on the elliptical.  I know it's not a very long time, but it was very intense.  I was surprised at how quickly I was out of breath, and how much I was sweating.  But, to me, that means I got a great workout in, very quickly.

After the elliptical, I did some of my strength training homework.  I did dips on the bench, ball pull overs, wall squats, planks, and push ups.  I feel like I'm forgetting something, but probably not.  Either way, it was about half an hour of strength work.  And, I was completely exhasuted when I was done.

Other than that, it was a hang out with the family kind of day.  We even watched a movie together, Rise of the Guardians.  Of course, we found out later that Michael had already seen it at school.  But, at least he didn't fuss about watching.  Bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment