Monday, September 23, 2013

Changes!

OK, this weekend I gave myself a major reality check.  I haven't lost any weight for eight months now.  Even though I upped my exercise, upped the intensity, and eliminated carbs.  Nothing I have tried has worked.  I'm officially tired of failing.

So, when everything you've tried has failed, what do you do?  I talked with my husband and a couple close, trusted friends.  I was reminded that I had been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, and that intense exercise is contra-indicated.  OK, Steve hit me upside the head with it.  So, I did a lot of reading, and research and decided that I've listened to everyone but the one person who loves me the most.  Who wants nothing more than for me to be happy and healthy.  Guess what?  It's time to listen to my husband.

For the next month I'm going to try a new experiment.  I'm going to cut back on my exercise and let my adrenals heal.  I'm going to walk, do yoga, meditate, and use the sauna.  In short, I'm going to be gentle to my system and let it heal. 

And, it's not as crazy as it sounds.  The two times recently that I've taken a few days off, the scale has dropped.  As soon as I went back to my normal routine, it went back up. So, maybe it's trying to tell me something.

I'm going to go back to the paleo diet I started out with.  I was really successful with it at first, and I felt good on it.  I'll still limit my fruit, but really get back to things I enjoy, and things that made me feel good.

What do you think?  Am I nuts?  Am I crazy for waiting so long to figure this out?  Any suggestions?  I'm really hopeful that this can work.  If you're curious, google adrenal fatigue.  You might just find my picture next to the definition.



No comments:

Post a Comment