Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 343 - Almost like being at BLRN!

I did over three hours of exercise today!  It was almost like being back at the resort, but only half the exercise.  But, so much fun.

I started out the day by getting to the gym early for my 9:00 class.  So, I got on the treadmill and did a quick fifteen minutes.  It was enough to get me warmed up and ready to go.  Then, I did three 30 minute classes, back to back.

The first class was stretch.  It was a great way to start.  Then, a new class called group core.  It was pretty intense.  I still can't do double leg raises, or some of the harder moves, but I modified.  Throughout this journey, I think I have become the queen of modification.  You show me an exercise, and I'll show you a way I can do something similar.  Hey, it's not a bad skill to have!

The last class was a tabatas class.  I love tabatas.  Twenty seconds of intense exercise followed by ten seconds of rest.  I don't know how many rounds we did, but it was a lot of fun.  The instructor gave us the exercise to do, so all we had to do was go as intensely as possible for twenty seconds.  I kept hearing Betty's voice in my head... "Piece of Easy" and "You can do anything for twenty seconds".  Oh the brainwashing!

Then, I came home and hung out with Michael and Steve for a while.  It was a nice relaxing afternoon.  Until I realized that I had to use up my yoga classes this weekend.  So, I went to a yin/yang class this afternoon.  It was 60 minutes of slow paced, but intense stretches, followed by 30 minutes of more active practice.  When I left, I felt totally stretched, and relaxed.  I wish I could do that class every day!

So, it was a great exercise day.  I really feel that I have come a long way with my endurance, balance, strength, and stamina.  I am still beyond frustrated about the weight, but I am dealing with that.  I really hope that when I see the doctor next he will have some answers for me.  Until then, I keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment