Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 318 - Coming Full Circle

Tonight was the season premiere of Extreme Weight Loss.  For those of you who don't know, not being selected for the show was my inspiration for starting this journey on my own.   Watching was definitely bittersweet for me.  On one hand, I have lost fifty pounds since I decided to do this on my own.  On the other hand, the people on the show lose so much more.  But, even though I have the most supportive family in the world, it's not the same as having an entire year dedicated to losing weight.  So, overall, I am really proud of myself.

But, I'm still not happy.  I really want to use this as motivation to step thing up and get back to losing.  This plateau has lasted way too long.  I'm tired of hovering right at that fifty pound mark.  So, I am going back to strict paleo, and I am going to vary my exercise a little more.  I'm not ready to go back to two hours every day, but some days, yes.  I need to know that I am doing my best, and I am going to push myself more. 

So, tonight, even though it was supposed to be a rest day, I decided to use it to make up for taking time off during the conference.  I did an hour on the exercise bike, and really enjoyed it.  I am going to take each episode of the show and use it for motivation, and to remind myself to push every single day.  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment