Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 317 - I'm Baaaack!

I'm back from Autism One and Chicago, and I am ready to go!  I really enjoyed taking a few days off from everything and focusing on learning and healing.  In fact, I learned so much over the last few days.  Most of it applies to Michael, but some of it is just good health practice and will apply directly to this journey of mine.  So, I'll be adding new things as I go, and letting you know as I do.

The first thing that I learned about was the importance of fermented foods in regulating gut bacteria.  So, I started out the day with a small serving of Bubbies Sauerkrat.  And, I gave Michael a small serving as well.  I was surprised how easy it was to convince him to try it.  So, hopefully, the two of us will be working on our gut flora together.

I also got in a great workout this afternoon.  I was on the elliptical for an hour and really enjoyed it.  It was great to feel my body moving again.  Even though the hour felt pretty long, it was great to get back to my routine.  Obviously, with the holiday, I wasn't able to do my normal Monday night classes, but this was a great substitution.

I feel like I'm re-energized and ready to start a new phase of this journey.  I know that I ate more and exercised less over the last week, and I'm a little afraid to get back on the scale.  But, I'm committing to do just that this coming weekend.  It's time for a new update photo and to get really serious about my health and weight loss.  So, here's to a great, sweaty week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment