Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Up and Down Day Today

I had a really, really good exercise day today.  I did two good sessions on the elliptical and burned a total of 1278 calories!  That felt really good.  One thing I noticed is that today I really focused on enjoying the workout and making sure I could keep up with it.  I pushed to where my heart rate was high and I was out of breath, but not panting.  And, what I noticed was that my second workout of the day was even stronger than the first.  I really think there is something to pushing to challenge but not exhaustion.  Maybe that is the lesson that I am going to have to learn over and over again until it sticks. 

Then, I went to yoga tonight.  It was wonderful!  I love the feeling of working hard, stretching, and then rewarding myself at the end with a wonderful relaxation.  It's just such a complete cycle, and very fulfilling.  I don't know how I ever survived before yoga.

The one thing that was a little sad today was seeing so many people talking about this season's winner of Biggest Loser, Rachel.  Everyone seemed to have an opinion on whether or not she lost too much weight, had gone anorexic, had dehydrated for the final weight in, etc..  But the thing is, it's her journey.  She needs to get to the place where she is happy.  And, as much as it hurts when someone judges me for being overweight, I would hate to turn around and then judge her as under weight.  That's just not fair.

Of course, I want her to be happy and healthy.  That's what I want for everyone.  But, I don't know what she's going through, and I don't know what lessons she needs to learn.  Like I said above, it seems like I have a few lessons that I need to really experience over and over until they sink in.  We all do.  So, I am going to be happy for her and just wish her the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment