Sunday, October 6, 2013

Starting to feel better

I think the changes I've been making lately have been helping.  I have been struggling with symptoms of adrenal fatigue for a while now, but I just didn't realize how bad it had gotten.  Two weeks ago, I decided to start taking the advice to heal the damage.  So, for the past two weeks, I've been limiting my caffiene to one dose in the morning, and have been keeping my exercise to the light-moderate level.  I've also been making an effort to get more sleep, and to relax whenever possible.  I think I'm finally starting to see some results.

I noticed this weekend that I'm waking up easier, and in a better mood.  And, I'm not constantly exhausted.  It's not a complete recovery yet, but it's definitely a start.  One of the ways I know it's working is that I did an hour of intervals on the elliptical today, and I wasn't completely exhausted afterwards.  What I did was a five minute warmup, then one minute of high effort followed by four minutes of light intensity.  I finished it up with a five minute cool down.  The nice thing is, I recovered fairly quickly and didn't experience the complete shutdown that I would have expected just a couple weeks ago.  This is definite progress.

The one thing I haven't been very good about lately is my diet.  I have to admit that more sugar has found it's way into my diet in the last few weeks, and that needs to change.  So, starting right now, I'm back on the straight and narrow.  I'm hoping with my slight increase in energy, I'll have the will power and stamina to keep fully low carb again.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment