Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Amazing Yoga Tonight

This afternoon I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to yoga tonight.  I was so sore, my knee hurt, and I felt stiff all over.  I guess my knee is still not fully better, and the classes on Monday left me hurting, all over.  But, I'm stubborn and decided to go anway.

I am so glad I went!  Class tonight was challenging, but relaxing.  We did full sun salutations, which we don't normally do on 'down' nights.  And, I am getting better at stepping one foot back at a time from forward fold into down dog.  It's not perfect, but getting better.  I was so proud of myself.  And, by the time I walked out after class, I felt so much better.  My knee wasn't hurting and most of my aches and pains had melted away.  Not all of them, and my knee is still injued, but overall, I feel a thousand times better.

I was thinking on the drive home how amazing it was to feel better leaving the gym than when I walked in.  Then, I started to really think about that.  Isn't the whole point to feel better?  To move better?  If I'm constantly pushing myself to exhaustion, no wonder my body revolted.  Now that I'm really listening to my body, and working to challenge, not exhaustion, I'm feeling great.  I still have a long way to go, but I am confident I will get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment